Actor Ajith Kumar was born on May 1st, 1971, in Hyderabad. Ajith has elder brother named Anil and younger brother named Anoop Kumar. In 1986, Ajith dropped out from Asan Memorial Senior Secondary School and took up work as a mechanic for two wheelers and four wheelers. Till 1990, Ajith was into garment export. For some time, Ajith was into modeling also.
Later, in 1992, Ajith debuted in cine field through Telugu movie ‘Prema Pustakam’. In Tamil, Ajith debuted through ‘Amaravathi’ directed by Selva and which hit screens in 1993.
In 1996, romance between Ajith Kumar and actress Heera was spoken about. But, the romance came to an end during earlier half of 1999.
Later, in 2000, Ajith Kumar married Shalini who did movie ‘Amarkalam’ with him. On 03-01-2008, Ajith – Shalini couple had a girl child. The child was named Anoushka. Ajith Kumar is an expert bike racer. Ajith Kumar has participated in bike races held in Germany and Malaysia. Also, Ajith has participated in Formula 3 car races.
On February 6, 2010, as Ajith participated in felicitation for Kalaignar Karunanidhi, he made an open complaint that some people forwarded threats forcing actors to participate in political activities. The complaint received mixed response. Ajith was frustrated out of the controversies, and started showing interest in car racing.
During 2011, Ajith dispersed his fan club.
Ajith is being appreciated as a good human being and as a good actor. Ajith has completed 21 years in cinema and he is setting foot into 22nd year in cinema today (August 3, 2013).
During his 21 years in Indian cinema, Ajith has given about 54 movies and has enthralled cine audiences across the country. Ajithfans.com is happy to greet “Thala” Ajith as he sets foot into 22nd year in cinema.
Awards that Ajith has received:
• For ‘Prema Pustakam’, Ajith’s debutant venture in Telugu, he received the Bharat Muni Art Academy’s best debutant actor award.
• For role in movie ‘Vaali’ released in 1999, Ajith received the Filmfare award under best actor category. Also he bagged the Cinema Express Award and Dinakaran Award for role in the movie.
• For role in movie ‘Mugavaree’ released in 2000, Ajith received Cinema Express Award.
• In 2001, he received the Regional Award under best actor category for role in ‘Poovellam Un Vasam’.
• In 2002, Ajith bagged Filmfare award and Dinakaran cinema award for role in movie ‘Villain’.
• Ajith has received Filmfare award under best actor category twice.
• For role in movie ‘Kandu Kondain Kandu Kondain’, Ajith bagged the best supporting actor award.