“Rajini Is My God” : Ajith’s Exclusive Interview to Ananda Vikatan

Interview with Thala Ajith Kumar – Ananda Vikatan English Translation

‘I don’t want to promote my films speaking it to the public. If they’re worth watching, audiences will make it successful. I don’t want to cheat them by coming up with my own words of promotions’ started off Thala Ajith Kumar, who continued to answer some interesting questions.

How did you join Venkat Prabhu’s team?

Right from the days, we worked together in ‘Ji’, both me and Venkat Prabhu have been sharing a good friendship. I had asked him to come up with a script that has a negative character like ‘Vaali’ and I would do it without fail. Later, I got busy with ‘Billa’ and ‘Aasal’. I heard that Venkat Prabhu was doing a project for Cloud Nine Movies Banner and immediately called him up regarding the script. He said, the film is about 5 baddie and one amongst them is a terrible baddie. Immediately I accepted to sign the project.

Can you tell us about your character in this film?

My character’s name is Vinayak Mahadevan. I play the most villainous character and it is all this I can say for the moment.

You have been constantly involved in fights with directors Gautham Menon, Vishnuvardhan and Vishnuvardhan. Why is that?

I always believe in time. If our time is right, everything will happen in a good way. We weren’t able to work together at that time. That doesn’t mean we are enemies. If everything comes well with the situation, we will work together again.

Why did you disband your fans club?

I cannot specify the reason and I don’t want to perform post-mortem. I didn’t gain education properly, but I want my fans to be very well educated. I request my fans to study well, go to their jobs and carry on with their usual works. If my film is good, please come and watch it in theatres. This is more than enough.

‘Aadukalam’ has won 6 National awards. What is your view on the Tamil filmmakers and actors marking a great work in their careers?

I am not worthy to comment on the entire Tamil film industry. I am happy that my friends in Tamil film industry have succeeded well. I felt happy when Agathiyan won National awards for ‘Kadhal Kottai’ and I have the same feelings now as well.

How is Billa-2 going on?

The first schedule of 50days is being held in Hyderabad now following which the other schedules will be held in European countries. We are planning to complete the shooting by November. Soon after the completion, I will speak more about the film.

We all know that you and Rajnikanth are close friends. Did you call him up and wish him ‘Get Well Soon’ while he was sick?

After my parents, the only person in whom I saw God was Rajnikanth sir. I cannot reveal what I spoke to him. I want him to be happy always.

What is your take on present political rule in Tamil Nadu?

As a citizen, I have casted my vote and I am not here to comment anything on the political system. It’s people who elect their leaders according to their likes and dislikes. If I start commenting on this, I will be addressed as a supporter of one or the other political parties, which I don’t like at all.

How are Shalini and Anoushka?

Anoushka is now in LKG and she is desperately in need of more relatives and affection. She has made our nuclear family into joint family. I have brought my parents together and Shalini’s parents keep visiting our house regularly once in a week. Shalini kept banking all her hopes on me and trusted me. For past 11 years our family life is so happy and the reason is Shalini. I will be grateful to her for many births.

Source: Ananda Vikatan (Dated: 4-8-2011)

• ajith-simbu-av-q-a
  • Ajith's Family at Actor Shiva's Wedding - Ananda Vikatan's Exclusive Coverage
  • AR Murugadoss Speaks about Ajith Kumar in Ananda Vikatan
  • Shalini Ajith And Anoushka In Ananda Vikatan Valai Paayuthey
  • yes-ajith-vikatan-1

Comments

1. Appadi Podu!! Good Luck Thala!!

Regards,
    Ganesh

2. super thala..

3. thala neenga big directors kuda work pannnu avasiyam illa thala nalla kadhaila nadicha podhum…..

Koundamani dilagouge madhi..
    ungalulu big directors pathi therium..avangalulu ungala(thala) pathi therium….

so kandipa avangale varuvanga thala…..

mangatha aug 19 kula release panuka illa na aug 19th release pannuga plz ……….

4. u r the best man

5. Prabu correcta sonna prabu,

6. surendhar says:

“THALA” naan ungal rasigan endru perumai padukeran,ungal thannambikai poal engalukum veandum.all the best for your life and mangatha flim

7. R.Satish Kumar says:

Cool…:):):)

8. Thala ur correct but see ur fans we feel when u act with big directors with good scrpit pls it an humble request from on of your fan

9. vibin ngl says:

wow wow wow thala thala than……………..

10. Awesome One says:

thala ennakumai thala than

11. i proud of u thala fans… mankatha song rocking…

12. UMASANKAR[BANGALORE] says:

Thala pintrinka

thala eppavume “MASS”

13. Enaikumey Nalla manidarhal nandraaha irupaarhal…kandipaa neenga nalla iruka vaalthukiren..
    Rajini solirukar…Ketavangaluku andavan udane kodupaan aana kaivitruvan…Nallavangaluku latea daan kodupan kai vida maatanu,,,Neenga nallavar so god bless u thala anna

14. AWESOME INTERVIEW THALA(IVA)…

15. Asal Kumar says:

Amazing words thala …After Ranjini sir you are the only actor thinking about fan’s life thala .Ranjini sir is god for you thala .But you are god for us(thala fans)THALA.we also waiting Rajini sir back to form

16. thala unalamatum than inthamathiri pesamudiyum .thala na athu ennaikuma nethan.
    +wait for mankatha da

17. NEEDED A TRANSALATION INTO ENGLISH… Can any one plzzz???

18. I love ur smartness and ur wife shalini..al the best for ur al decisions

19. Ur d only real man..u follow wt ur mind says..dnt change it for any one..

20. THALA really ure great my life is u ………….ajith raja

21. THALA…………
    THALA THAN

22. BillaSuresh says:

Hi thala ungaloda thirayulaga valkaila 50th adieduthu vaikarathe paka nanga aarathiyoda kathirikom………. ungaloda thala sonnmathiri “singam singlatha varum” girathe nirupichitteenga >>==B¡££A=>

23. yoganathan says:

Ajith surpasses Rajini, Kamal, Vijay, Suriya and others

Aug 04, 2011

Home> More news

Ajith has been voted as the Youth Icon of the Year by a popular Tamil magazine. The online polling began on June 23rd and was on till July 31st. The star polled 63434 votes and his counterpart Vijay came a distant second with 18271 votes. Interestingly, the third place went to Suriya who got 495 votes.

Movie buffs are of the opinion that Ajith has a huge fan base online and it could be one of the reasons for the high amount of votes that he polled. Other stars that follow Suriya are Kamal Haasan, Rajinikanth, Simbu, Arya, Vikram, Dhanush and Vishal in that order.

24. yoganathan says:

இளைஞர்களின் விருப்ப நாயகனாக அஜீத் தேர்வு!

——————————————————————————–

வார நாளிதழ் ஒன்றின் சினிமா இணையதளம் நடத்திய, இன்றைய இளைஞர்களின் மனதில் இருக்கும் யூத்ஐகான் யார் என்ற கேள்விக்கு, அதிகப்படியான பேர் அஜீத்தை தேர்ந்தெடுத்துள்ளனர். தமிழகத்தின் பிரபல வார இதழின் சினிமா இணையதளத்தில், இப்போது இருக்கும் இளைஞர்களின் மனதில் இடம்பெற்றிருக்கும் யூத்ஐகான் யார் என்ற கேள்வி கேட்கப்பட்டிருந்தது. யூத்ஐகான் பட்டியலில் அஜீத், விஜய், ரஜினி, கமல், விக்ரம், தனுஷ், சிம்பு, ஆர்யா, விஷால் உள்ளிட்டவர்களின் பெயர்கள் இடம்பெற்றிருந்தன.கடந்த ஜூன் 23ம் தேதி முதல் துவங்கிய இந்த சர்வே ஜூலை 31ம் தேதியுடன் முடிவடைந்து, சர்வேயின் முடிவுகள் வெளியிடப்பட்டுள்ளன.

கிட்டத்தட்ட 38நாட்கள் நடந்த இணையதள சர்வேயில் மொத்தம் 63, 434ஓட்டுகள் பதிவாகியுள்ளன. இதில் 43,384 ஓட்டு பெற்று அஜீத் முதலிடத்தை பிடித்துள்ளார். இவருக்கு அடுத்தபடியாக விஜய் 18,271 ஓட்டுகள் பெற்று இரண்டாவது இடத்தை பிடித்துள்ளார். கமல் 455 ஓட்டும், ரஜினி 376 ஓட்டும், சிம்பு 199 ஓட்டும், ஆர்யா 107 ஓட்டும், விக்ரம் 73 ஓட்டும், தனுஷ் 39 ஓட்டும் பெற்று அடுத்தடுத்த இடங்களை பிடித்தனர்.

இதில் விஷேசம் என்னவென்றால் ஜூன் 23ம் தேதியிலிருந்து விஜய் தான் முதலிடத்தில் இருந்தார். ஆனால் கடைசி மூன்று நாட்களில் விஜய்யை பின்னுக்கு தள்ளிவிட்டு, அஜீத் முதலிடத்தை பிடித்திருக்கிறார். இதற்குகாரணம் விஜய்யை காட்டிலும், அஜீத்திற்கு தான் இணையதள ரசிகர்கள் அதிகம். இதற்கு முன்பு ஒருமுறை, வடஇந்திய இணையதளம் நடத்திய சர்வேயிலும் அஜீத்தான் முதலிடத்தை பிடித்தார் என்பது குறிப்பிடத்தக்கது.

25. Thala nee than engalukku eppaumea (ajith fans) GOD FATHER. Best of luck and come back soon. We all very eager to see you in screen.

26. any1 plz translate

27. Ranjith (TIRUPUR) says:

Super thala………………………..

pls release mankatha thala waiting for mankatha…………….

28. Ranjith (TIRUPUR) says:

Rasigar mandratha kalachallum neenga tha engalloda thala atha evvannalum mattha mudiyathu

i love u thalaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

29. Gnanaraj PD says:

What a man……

I always think why is he not promoting his movie. But this great man has some other Idea.

He does want to promote bad movies. He is just asking ” If my movie is good come and watch it, otherwise I dont want to give false statements.”

The only actor in India who can speak simple words, whose basic Principle and whose also follow that…..

I will always follow his word…….

If you are good or bad lead your life, your own style….

30. muthezhil says:

ajithji ungala minja yarum ila. Yeanaku pidichathu ungala matum than. Ninga inum nala flims pananum. Nan ungalukaga yeapavum parayer panituruken. All the best for mangatha. We are waitng to play and watch. I love youuuuu ajithjiiii

31. Mahindapala says:

brother Ajith,you said that Rajini was your God,but you are our God.do you know that?

32. billa sagar says:

all the thala

33. billa sagar says:

thala rockssssss for mankatha

34. @HARISH @SARAVANAN : WAT THALA SAID IS HE HASNT SEEN GOD…AFTER HIS DAD & MOM ,RAJINI SIR IS LIKE GOD TO HIM…HOPE U NOW UNDERSTAND…:):) THALA RULES

35. mankatha remake of hindi jannat ajith i like but idont like ur fans waste fellows

36. dei nee yara venalum emathalam anal kadul irukar ajith nee oru fraud

37. u r my god thala..

38. any1 plz translate

39. any1 plz translate…

40. very niecs thala……….

41. orae thala….

42. The Legend in Tamil Film Industry . . . U r the Icon for the Youth ppl Like Us :) Keep Rocking . . . My Hearty Wishes for Mangatha . . . See How Many Ppl’s r Crazy Abt U. This s te only Power which makes u Strong . . . :)

43. Thala waiting for ur upcoming film..

44. Hi thala, Neenga neraya Action film pannunga thala Adhu ungaluku supera irukum, Example: Dheena, Attakasam, CITIZEN, Etc. . .

45. thala sir your every words touch my heart …….. am proud of u thala sir …… u realy a great man …… you going to achive stil more thala sir …..

46. frnds it was said dat ilayaraja wil sing a song in mankatha.wer is it?

47. frnds it was said dat ilayaraja wil sing a song in mankatha.wer is it?.

48. Hemnath.D says:

proud to be Thala fan….

49. aiyo thala.. first 3 lines la ye neenga yaarunu prove panteenga thala.. *****REALLY REALLY PROUD TO BE UR FAN THALA…….*****

50. KALICHARAN says:

VAARTHAI AALA KONNUTINGA SIR…..
    UNGALUKKU RASIGANAA IRUKURATHUKKAGA ENAIKKUM PERUMAIAA THAAN
    IRUKUTHU……

WAITING 4 GRT HIT…MANKATHAA

51. KALICHARAN says:

5O VATHU PADATHUKKU 50 VATHU AALAA COMMENT KODUTHATHU KOODA ORU THANI SANTHOSAM THAAN……

USA -THALA -USA

52. Thala ithanala than ni innum Thalayave iruka.. U fan’nu sollika nanga rompa peruma padurom..

Hai Surya.. Pls.. Dnt cme here..GET OUT.. Pls

53. Why did you disband your fans club?
    I cannot specify the reason and I don’t want to perform post-mortem. I didn’t gain education properly, but I want my fans to be very well educated. I request my fans to study well, go to their jobs and carry on with their usual works. If my film is good, please come and watch it in theatres. This is more than enough……………………..

for this attitude…. you become thala………….. you are always my idol,icon,god,reliogion,love:)

54. vinothrx100 says:

Thala una pola varuma

55. Thala ur correct but see ur fans we feel when u act with big directors with good scrpit pls it an humble request from on of your fan

56. super thala…..

57. hai thala mangatha triler super..

58. THALA ALWAYS ROCKZ……

59. ANAND MANGATHA says:

thala ur grate no one can answer the press meeting like this proud to be fan of urs, sure thala i’ll concentrate on studies as well as my life ,, ur grate thala each and every answers like phd holder’s answer