Racing Mania – Actor Ajith Birthday Interview to Chennai Times

By SRINIVASA RAMANUJAM

Ajith has been experiencing a radically different life in the past few months. For, it’s been quite a while since the actor has been busy facing the camera! Instead, he’s been on the racing track, enjoying every minute with the machines that he loves so much. This year, Ajith will not be in town to celebrate his birthday much to the disappointment of his fans. CT got talking to the actor to gauge his passion for the sport and life beyond the camera a few hours before he left for the F-2 races in Morocco.

• Back on the track after a long time… how are you getting used to the machines?

Everything is going as planned. It’s a learning phase for me now, as I’m getting used to my car and its speed and setup. When it comes to racing, the more time you put in, the more you benefit. That’s exactly what I’m doing at the moment.

• Has your passion for racing increased?

Well, it’s always been there. I believe that there’s a time for everything. And, everything happens for a reason. I hate it when people say that racing is my hobby. It isn’t. It’s much more than that.

• But some people say that you’re not good enough as a racer…

I’ve come back to racing after six years; you obviously cannot expect a podium finish so soon! The least I can do is participate and give my best while racing. I could have easily given 200 days of my life to a producer and made money, but I’ve learnt that life isn’t about winning or losing; it’s about following your heart and living your dreams. I’m hoping that my participation will promote the sport and for that, I’m looking for like-minded people to collaborate with. Now that the cricket craze has died down post the IPL, I hope people will come forward to promote motorsport too. A sponsor, I feel, needs to have an emotional connect with the team and the racer.

• What plans do you have for your birthday and what’s your message to fans?

I’ll be racing in Morocco on my birthday. I just want to tell my fans to live their lives to the fullest. Pursue what your heart tells you and don’t be worried about failure.

SHALINI AND ANUSHKA MUST BE MISSING YOU ON THE HOME FRONT…

YES, THEY ARE. MY DAUGHTER IS VERY YOUNG AND SHE’S NOT USED TO SEEING ME DISAPPEAR FROM HOME FOR SO LONG. I’M TRYING TO MAKE SURE THAT I COME HOME BETWEEN RACES, EVEN IF IT IS JUST FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS. AND, ON THOSE DAYS, I ALWAYS SPEND TIME PLAYING WITH ANUSHKA.

WHEN IS THE GAUTHAM MENON FILM HAPPENING?

I’M IN TOUCH WITH GAUTHAM AND THE PRODUCER. IT’S GOING TO BE MUCH MORE THAN JUST MY 50TH FILM; WE’RE LOOKING AT MAKING A MOVIE THAT’LL BE A WIN-WIN FOR EVERYONE. I’M PLANNING TO SHOOT ONLY ONE FILM PER YEAR AND GIVE THE AUDIENCE A QUALITY PRODUCT. GAUTHAM AND I WILL START SHOOTING FROM OCTOBER. SO, TILL THEN, IT’S GOING TO BE MOTORSPORT.

Source: Times of India (Dated: 30-4-2010)

• Actor Rahman in a Interview given to Chennai Times (The Times of India)
  • happy-birthday-thala-ajith-kumar
  • Times of India E-Paper Scan
  • ajith09
  • ajith-birthday
  • ajith-bithday1
  • Times of India - Epaper Scan

Comments

1. shan M'sia says

A prayer: 2 bless ur way
    A wish: 2 lighten ur moments
    A cheer: 2 perfect ur day
    A text: 2 say HAPPY BIRTHDAY Thala……………

2. hari baharian says

என் தலைவன் அசல் அஜித் அவர்களுக்கு ஆயிரம் ஆயிரம் பிறந்த நாள் வாழ்த்துக்கள் .

i was expected new from Vijay but vijay’s flop movie of the whole carrier..sorry to say friends iam also a vijay fan.. i have changed now to Ajith Fan

4. sathish says

suraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa floppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp gift for ajiths fans on the day before his birthday

5. markesh says

ADAVANCE HAPPY B’DAY THALA
    PLS
    WIN THIS TOURNAMENT THALA
    WE R VERY EAGER 4 50TH FILM PLS START QUICKLY THLA………
    THALA POLAAAA VARUMA……………………….

6. asal says

Padam Paarkurathukku munnadi oru thadavai paarkanu maa nu yosi chuko illa paartha piraku yenda vanthoom nu feel paniyeh saava da…….

I don’t want to hurt Any Vijay fan….Just said d real review…..

7. Saran says

Let Ajith get a Podium Finish in the upcoming race on May 1st.. That would be the Greatest birthay BASH for FANS

i miss ur wife shalini soo much.i m her great fan.hope both of u must cum to malaysia with ur cute angel anoushka chellam.nice family

sura big flop is a very good treat for ajith fansssssss on his birthdayyyyyyyyyyy
    i wish thala ajith to become the greatest star forever
    thala rockzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    many more happy returns

10. ASAL BARANI says

advance happy bday thalaadvance happy bday thala
    advance happy bday thalaadvance happy bday thala

என் தலைவன் அசல் அஜித் அவர்களுக்கு ஆயிரம் ஆயிரம் பிறந்த நாள் வாழ்த்துக்கள்

Happy Birth day to u Sweet Thala.

Your fans know you very well, you will do what saya your heart and mind. we will always with you and support you.
    God knows you and your mind / Heart. You are the great man in my world. i love u man. once again wish you all success and happy birth day to you.

13. Prasad says

Happy birthday thala..sura proves vijay as next captain vijayakanth.so real superstar ajith rocks.

14. Ameen says

hai ajith fans what abt the suspense project and diecrtor ? i am waiting for the answer plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz reply soon

15. Ajithsanjay says

Thalaiva wish u happy birthday.god blessu for 100 years-Ajith sanjay(vaali ajith narpani eyakkam – 1181/99) cell:9841510080

16. ajith says

Hi Thala ,

I would like to wish u many more happy writtens of the day .
    May this year be a sucessful one for u and for our fans….

Onething thala , i am vey concern about u is ……..
    a well known channel in tamil is not encouraging u ….It seems they dont like u …… and we fans must avoid seeing the channel hereafter , if we ask ajith song they wont play firstoffall , if we send an sms regarding your birthday wishes to the channel they are discarding it ….last year in sun music from morning to evening there were lot of bday wishes for u …. but this time they are not displaying our wishes …. they are very silly …. even on ur bday they are encouraging vijay movies , see how silly they are …… so ajith fans should think about this and reply me …..

17. bebin says

enjoy fans of ASal mannan “ajith” asal hero fans had a good news
    “{sura is a great flop}”

18. Ajith FAN says

என் தலைவன் அசல் அஜித் அவர்களுக்கு ஆயிரம் ஆயிரம் பிறந்த நாள் வாழ்த்துக்கள்

We Will Win thala

19. prashanthi says

hi ajith…………i’m a great fan of u..pls pls do atleast 1 film per year dis is my request

20. mani says

thala i love u ………. u rocking …v r all waiting 4 ur mangatha movie ……………………….. and advance happy birthday wishes to u …………………..